Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Current Knitting



Perhaps the oldest knitting currently on the needles, this sweater is patterned after the Lieutenant's Jacket from Master and Commander. It has, by far, been the MOST annoying thing to knit first because it is my first sweater that I have designed (there fore working without a pattern) and secondly, because I have ripped this out something on the order of 5 or 6 times now. Maybe the yarn just doesn't want to be the "MAC" Sweater, as my brothers call it. Maybe it wants to be something else. I don't know. What I do know is that I'm going to knit this and it's going to fit, damnit! :)



In far less artsy pictures-
This is now a capelet. The rose coloured part was inspired by Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop Cowl. Rather than follow the pattern, I used the amount of decreases to make the cowl. It was cute but it needed something more. The green part came from a sweater I was going to knit for a play. It didn't want to be a sweater either, has sat in my knitting basket for months, until blossoming into this capelet.



A hood from Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falik (?). It isn't so sure it wants to be a hood after all. But the pattern in lovely.



Lastly, a blanket for my brother. Yes, it's safety-highlighter orange. He likes bright orange. Oy vay. I can't say it's the greatest thing to knit as the colour can be hard on your eyes after a while. But he likes it, and that's the best part.

No comments: