Monday, July 23, 2007

There's been a lull in my life but a upsurge in my hand made items that are being bought. It's so exciting! Two neckwarmers are sold, two are being knitted. It's lovely. On the knitting vein, there has been quite a bit of mindless knitting that has turned out rather interestingly.
This is, essentially, a tube top that I'm adding straps to. It's looks much better on my mannequin than on my, but perhaps with the whole ensemble together it won't be so bad? Dropped stitches were used to increase the lower edge without having to increase. Just don't ask me how I did it, it was pure magic.





Then a lovely green shawl in the same yarn ("curious" by Moda Dea). It was my first shawl, pattern made up as I went along. There are more dropped stitches in this one, but I'm not loving them quite so much. However, if I end up hating it, I can always give it to my younger brother who insists it should be part of a "gheelie" suit. That's the leafy suit snipers use when they are hiding, it distorts the human figure making them extremely difficult to find.



And then there is this loveliness. My first introduction to Noro. I'm in heaven, and having an affair with yarn. Is such a thing possible? Most likely. I adore how two completely different skeins can compliment each other so well. I am in love with this scarf. Love, love, love.






That is all for tonight loves, other news is sure to come soon.

No comments: